Utah Utes Softball Camps
WHY UTAH SOFTBALL CAMPS?
High School Athletes
- A great opportunity for youth players to learn the proper fundamentals of the game.
- An enjoyable experience for all campers of any skill level.
- Drill work, instruction, and fun games designed to teach youth players, while instilling a passion for the game of softball.
- Drill work and instruction designed to take an athlete’s mechanics and kinetic awareness to the next level.
- Position-specific defensive drills that help each player develop at her position, along with learning how to play multiple defensive positions.
- Opportunity to get hands on instruction with Division I PAC-12 coaches.
Four Priorities in Instruction
- Hustle, competiveness, body language, attitude, the winning way.
- Fundamentals of infield, catching, pitching and positions specific throwing.
- Understanding the game of softball (defensive positioning).
- Communication with team defense.
- Fundamentals of the swing mechanics.
- Increasing contact and power.
- Introduction of new drills to help with mechanics of the swing
- Base running.
- Fundamentals of pitching mechanics.
- Throwing strikes consistently.
- Repeating the pitching motion.
- Developing a second and third pitch.
- Fielding your position.