UTAH UTES WINTER TRAINING ACADEMY
Winter Training Academy with Rich Manning, Scott Halasz & Gabe Smart
In Addition, Goalkeeper Training by our very own Brendan Ottman
Winter Training Academy are for those players serious about soccer and want to take their game to the next level. Join University of Utah head coach, Rich Manning and assistant coaches Scott Halasz and Gabe Smart during the winter off-season for a supplemental training program that allows top-performing female athletes to focus on improving their core technical and tactical soccer skills. The Winter Training Academy (WTA) meets the developmental needs of girls who are 14 -18 years old and provides high-quality, highly focused exercises and training, appropriate for this critical time in a player’s soccer career.
The goal of the WTA is to prepare athletes to play at the most competitive levels and to maintain the focus and mental conditioning required to reach their maximum potential every time they step out on the field. This high-energy academy will run from Jan. – March and include 10 sessions.
Spots are limited and secured on a first come first serve basis.
Dates: January 12th - March 30th, 2018
* Time: 4:30 - 6:00 PM
University of Utah Employee Discount: Campers whose parent(s) are employed at the University of Utah qualify for the Employee Discount. A photocopy of the parent’s Staff/Faculty ID must be provided at check-in the first day of camp. Include parent’s Staff/Faculty ID number with online registration.
Discounted rates - $180
Where: University of Utah:
Spence Eccles Field House -- 650 South Guardsman Way, Salt Lake City, UT 84108
***Jan and Feb sessions will be in Spence Eccles Field House, March session may be on Ute Field.Players will be notified by email to confirm March location.
WINTER TRAINING ACADEMY -- GIRLS AGES 14 - 18 YEARS OLD
*Specific Times & Locations
All Times are 4:30 PM-6:00 PM
Fridays: January 12th - March 30th
The goal of the WTA is to help players:
- Improve overall technical skills
- Increase the power of their shot
- Become more confident and comfortable on the ball
- Gain a better understanding of the game & awareness on the field
- Increase speed of play & move more effectively with the ball
- Sharpen decision making in front of the goal to improve finishing
- Defend more efficiently and learn to break down attacks
- Play with more energy, intensity & consistency to become a stronger competitive threat.
WTA Training & Exercises will focus on:
- Footwork, dribbling at speed with control, and acceleration
- Possession with purpose
- Passing and receiving under pressure
- Defending and attacking in the final third
- 1v1 attacking and defending
- Increasing speed of play
- Shooting with power and precision
- Small-sided scrimmages
---- GOALKEEPER TRAINING ALSO PROVIDED!
All camps are open to any and all entrants within the specified age and gender limitations.